Melody's Reviews > The Ask and the Answer

Oct 17, 10

bookshelves: dystopia
Read in October, 2010, read count: 1

10/2010 Stet.

10/2009: Even though Ness has ended book #2 with another cliffhanger, I forgive him. Taut, suspenseful, engaging- everything you want in a dystopian novel, including the unexpectedly poignant talking horses.

Todd and Viola are a duo to be reckoned with, even when they are forced apart by circumstances and evil people. I enjoyed this book mightily, and am eager for the final volume to come out, whereupon I will begin again with number one and just schedule a weekend to read straight through.

Ness has a sure hand with suspense, and he knows just how to pull you through the narrative fast enough that there's no time to catch your breath. Excellently done. Recommended, though you might as well wait till all three are available.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ask and the Answer.

10/17/2010 page 393

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Melody Abigail, I think the 3rd one will be out next spring, you might as well wait- the cliffhangers are pretty high!

message 2: by Laurie (new) - added it

Laurie Now that I've read The Ask and the Answer, I agree, you might wait until the third book comes out in September. I think this trilogy is WAY more suspenseful, and even more exciting, than The Hunger Games trilogy. (Well, since I'm comparing: Catching Fire was a letdown, but A&A really ramped up the suspense/excitement of the first book.

Ryan Mishap When I get back from New Mexico, book three is waiting for me at the library...I can't wait! I think I'll skip work and go read instead.

Melody Oh, it's.... oh. Yes. Skip work. Yes. Wow.