Kendra's Reviews > The Judas Strain

The Judas Strain by James Rollins

Oct 02, 2007

Read in October, 2007

I'm a little bit embarrassed to give this book a 4, but there you go. It's a guilty pleasure, I guess, because the book is kind of ridiculous in a testosterone-fueled Indiana-Jones-meets-Mission-Impossible kind of way. If this tells you anything, I nearly downgraded it to a 3 because of the cannibals. (Yes, cannibals.)

I was about 60 pages into the book before I realized that it was part of a series. Some of you know that reading a series out of order is one of my BIGGEST PET PEEVES EVER, so I think it represents a therapeutic breakthrough that I kept reading. (Really, it's just the book was borrowed, and I didn't want to keep it for an unusually long time while I tracked down and read all of the books that came before it.)

Very basic plot summary: Secret military-ish agency must stop end of the world by figuring out the connection between Marco Polo and a strange bacterial outbreak on Christmas Island. There's some code-breaking and historical speculation that will appeal to the Da Vinci Code enthusiasts out there. And did I mention that there are cannibals?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Judas Strain.

03/28/2016 marked as: read

Jeffrey but the cannibals did turn out to be rather good natured.

Nikki Cannibalistic tribes do still exist throughout south Asia and South America. As a Brazilian archaeologist and anthropolist, you can take my word Check out Consuming Grief by Beth Conklin, who writes about the Warí.

Gary His research on the cannibals was solid.