Joy's Reviews > Dead to the World

Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris

2711937
Well, I finally got my wish - an Eric book. That is enough reason to make me give this 5 stars because come on! It's Eric!

In this story, Charlaine Harris expounds more of the paranormal by introducing the presence of witches, other weres, shapeshifters, and fairies (although there's only one mentioned).

I'm so glad Bill is finally out of the picture, and Sookie wasn't beaten up. She's stronger than ever and never failed to show her human side, even though she did kill in this, but not happily.

So where to start the proper review? Ah yes, the story. It was great, the only thing missing is the un-cursed Eric and his one-liners, but the amnesiac still tugged at my heartstrings. In here one could see how old he really is by his way of thinking, and the terms he used (make love instead of fuck) and I was really happy to see Sookie and Eric got together.

Be that as it may, I'm still hoping for the curse-free Eric (the Viking vampire) and Sookie to get together, but enough of that. Wow, who would've thought Jason could land himself in an even deeper heap of trouble? Things would get more interesting from here and I can't wait to read the next.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead to the World.

Quotes Joy Liked

Charlaine Harris
“If there were an international butt competition, Eric would win, hands down—or cheeks up.”

Charlaine Harris
“...But also because I find I really do…" He paused, as if he were about to say something outrageous. "I find I have feelings for you."
"Oh," I said into his chest, sounding as astonished as Eric had(...)"Eric," I said, after a long pause, "I almost hate to say this, but I have feelings for you, too.”

Charlaine Harris
“We could go back," he said. In the dome light of the car, his face looked hard as stone. "We could go back to your house. I can stay with you always. We can know each other's bodies in every way, night after night. I could love you." His nostrils flared, and he looked suddenly proud. "I could work. You would not be poor. I would help you."

"Sounds like a marriage," I said, trying to lighten the atmosphere. But my voice was too shaky.

"Yes," he said.”

Charlaine Harris
“Come on," I said, taking his hand. Clutching the afghan with the other hand, he trailed down the hall after me, a snow white giant in tiny red underwear.”

Charlaine Harris
“As I climbed up into the high old bed, the large fly in my personal ointment did the same. Had I actually told him he could get in bed with me? Well, I decided, as I wriggled down under the soft old sheets and the blanket and the comforter, if Eric had designs on me, I was just too tired to care.
"Woman?"
"Hmmm?"
"What's your name?"
"Sookie. Sookie Stackhouse."
"Thank you, Sookie."
"Welcome, Eric.”

Charlaine Harris
“Because he sounded so lost-the Eric I knew had never been one to do anything other than assume others should serve him-I patted around under the covers for his hand. When I found it, I slid my own over it. His palm was turned up to meet my palm, and his fingers clasped mine. And though I would not have thought it possible to go to sleep holding hands with a vampire, that's exactly what I did.”

09/27/2009 page 154
52.92% "Reading about Eric is total BLISS"

Skirmish looked him up in youtube.HOT?uh.. NOT! but since you make him sound delicious, i guess he's one of those best read not seen. somethings are better left to the imagination :D
but will keep this thought from his general fandom. might get lynched

message 2: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Skirmish wrote: "looked him up in youtube.HOT?uh.. NOT! but since you make him sound delicious, i guess he's one of those best read not seen. somethings are better left to the imagination :D
but will keep this th..."

haha he's really funny in book 3, just my type of guy, and he's better looking in short hair.

Skirmish agree! it's hard to pull off long hair if you're a guy