Valerie's Reviews > Gone Tomorrow

Gone Tomorrow by Lee Child

F 50x66
Sep 16, 09

Read in August, 2009

Lee Child's books are my guilty pleasure. I consider them modern-day Louis L'Amour books--decent guy usually finds either himself or someone else in trouble and only he has the guts and skills to make things right. There's usually a woman but Jack Reacher's not the kind of man to settle down; and happily Child doesn't overdo the sex scenes. Jack Reacher is a man who learned his "problem-solving" skills in the army as an MP and there's little he's afraid of. As some marketing wizard said, to paraphrse, Every man wants to be Jack Reacher and everyone woman just wants him. This last book was the usual can't-put-it-down type of book Lee Child writes, but in the end, I came away a bit depressed because of all the useless deaths and cruelty. It shouldn't be a spoiler to say that Reacher saves the day, not just through his physical skills but also his intelligence-finding skills, and that's always enjoyable. Child is great with the intricate details and his language is nearly impeccable. In fact, he's so good he spoils me for most of the other popular crime writers. So despite my feelings about this book, I expect I'll be watching for the next one. In fact, I know it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone Tomorrow.