Clockstein Lockstein's Reviews > Homer's Odyssey

Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper

Sep 16, 09

Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper is a heart-breaking and hilarious look at the life of an eyeless cat. Cooper undertook the care of wee Homer when he was just a few weeks old and a life-threatening infection had already taken his eyes from him. But rather than become a fearful, cringing scaredy cat, Homer embraced every single moment of life as the blessing it is, teaching both Cooper and her friends important lessons. Cooper has a unique talent for capturing feline behavior with such perfection, every scene comes to life. This is one of those rare books that had me telling everyone around me about, and even reading scenes out loud that were absolutely too good not to share. Homer teaches Cooper to look at the people around her differently, and he changes her as well. I dare you to try and not fall in love with this bundle of energetic love. And God bless Cooper for not ending the book on the bittersweet note that so many of these pet memoirs do! It was a joy to read from the first to last page!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Homer's Odyssey.