Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > Haunting Beauty

Haunting Beauty by Erin Quinn

Sep 16, 09

bookshelves: 2009-reads
Read in September, 2009

Erin Quinn is a new (to me) author and her book "Haunting Beauty" was quite an engrossing read. It's a curious blend of murder mystery, paranormal, time-travel (thus historical AND contemporary) and romance. If that doesn't whet your appetite, I don't know what will!

Danni is an orphan, abandoned by her mother when she was just a child. She's never been sure if her special abilities were part of the reason her mother left her, but as a result, she's been fairly hesitant about using those talents. Now suddenly she's hit with a vision of a man and danger and less than 24 hours later that same man, Sean, shows up at her doorstep. The story he has to tell is one of murder and mystery and he wants her to come meet what's left of her family in Ireland! Now everything Danni thought she knew about herself is changing and sexy Sean is more involved than she ever dreamed...and so are the rest of the abilities her mother's lineage granted her.

I found this book almost impossible to put down once I started it. The blend of mystery and romance with 'witchy' Irish lore sucked me in quickly and didn't let go. The story flows smoothly even with the 'traveling back in time' portions. The passion between Danni and Sean is hot from the first and only intensifies as the story and their relationship progress. For paranormal lovers looking for something different, or Irish folklore lovers, or romance lovers, or...heck...just about anybody, try this story and I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haunting Beauty.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angelc (new) - added it

Angelc Great review, Julie! I've been wondering about this one and I'm glad to hear such good things about it!

Julie (jjmachshev) It's got a 'modern gothic' kind of feel to it almost. Check it out and let me know what YOU think. And thanks for the kind words.