Amy (amyb2332)'s Reviews > Bed of Roses

Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts

Jan 19, 10

bookshelves: romance, 2010-audiobooks, audiobook
Read in January, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I was a little reluctant to read this one because I had heard that it wasn't as good as the first in the series. I'm not sure if my low expectations made it seem better or maybe I was just in the right mood but I really liked this! The narration was great, that definitely added to the story. But overall, I think I liked it just as much as the first, maybe even more. I really like that we got to see more of the wedding business and more of the other girls. The little glimpses of Mac and Carter were cute but also I really liked seeing the set up for Laurel and Del and even Parker's story. And I liked that there wasn't a big conflict in the way of the happy ending. I sometimes feel like those conflicts can feel a little fake and silly given that I can't recall a romance ever not end "happily-ever-after." I thought this just felt so real. I really love all these characters!

I'm still a tiny bit sad about the cover of the book. I just am not a fan of that flower arrangement (or even the dress) but that really isn't a big deal. I can't wait for the next in the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bed of Roses.