Wendy Darling's Reviews > Fahrenheit 451

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Sep 16, 09

bookshelves: favorites-all-time

Ray Bradbury really defines imagination and inventiveness to me. I have been inspired by his writing since I first read it in middle school, and it still stands up to the test of time. It's amazing that all these years and technological advances later, the book still remains so original and so relevant.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fahrenheit 451.

Quotes Wendy Darling Liked

Ray Bradbury
“Stuff your eyes with wonder, he said, live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.”

Ray Bradbury
“Everyone must leave something behind when he dies, my grandfather said. A child or a book or a painting or a house or a wall built or a pair of shoes made. Or a garden planted. Something your hand touched some way so your soul has somewhere to go when you die, and when people look at that tree or that flower you planted, you're there.

It doesn't matter what you do, he said, so long as you change something from the way it was before you touched it into something that's like you after you take your hands away. The difference between the man who just cuts lawns and a real gardener is in the touching, he said. The lawn-cutter might just as well not have been there at all; the gardener will be there a lifetime.”

Ray Bradbury
“There must be something in books, something we can’t imagine, to make a woman stay in a burning house; there must be something there. You don’t stay for nothing.”

Ray Bradbury
“The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us.”

Ray Bradbury
“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses there is at last one which makes the heart run over.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Wesley starting this one next.

Wendy Darling Such a classic, Wes. Can't wait to see your reaction to it!