Wendy Darling's Reviews > Little Women

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

LITTLE WOMEN is our December #tmgreadalong book! We'll be discussing on the blog on 12/19.

I haven't read this in years, but it's one of my favorites--the perfect Christmas time book. <3
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Women.

Quotes Wendy Darling Liked

Louisa May Alcott
“Don't laugh at the spinsters, dear girls, for often very tender, tragic romances are hidden away in the hearts that beat so quietly under the sober gowns, and many silent sacrifices of youth, health, ambition, love itself, make the faded faces beautiful in God's sight. Even the sad, sour sisters should be kindly dealt with, because they have missed the sweetest part of life, if for no other reason.”

Louisa May Alcott
“There are many Beths in the world, shy and quiet, sitting in corners till needed, and living for others so cheerfully that no one sees the sacrifices till the little cricket on the hearth stops chirping, and the sweet, sunshiny presence vanishes, leaving silence and shadow behind.”

Louisa May Alcott
“Gentlemen, be courteous to the old maids, no matter how poor and plain and prim, for the only chivalry worth having is that which is the readiest to to pay deference to the old, protect the feeble, and serve womankind, regardless of rank, age, or color.”

Louisa May Alcott
“I like good strong words that mean something…”

Louisa May Alcott
“Be comforted, dear soul! There is always light behind the clouds.”

Louisa May Alcott
“Take some books and read; that’s an immense help; and books are always good company if you have the right sort.”
Louisa May Alcott, Little Women

Kirsten H This is one of my favourites too <3 I have the best memories reading this as a child, and I remember that this was the first book that I really flew through and loved. I was wondering, what age did you first read this at?