Karol's Reviews > Wealth Out of Ashes

Wealth Out of Ashes by Bode Ososami

Nov 16, 09

bookshelves: owned, read-in-2009, christian-viewpoint
Read in November, 2009

"Wealth Out of Ashes" is hard for me to describe, and hard to review. Sometimes the writer's style seemed a bit stiff to me - yet, there were parts of the book that really made me sit up and take notice. Throughout, the book encouraged me to think about my true priorities.

I happened to read "Wealth" while I was participating in a group study of Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover". Dave's book focuses more on every day practicalities with only a few references to scripture (although I'm told a theologian could find scripture to back up Dave's assertions). Bode's book focuses more on the biblical passages that deal with issues of prosperity and God's provision. As such, I was glad to have read it during my other study.

I know a lot of people think that the Bible has no relevance for today. However, I have personally found it to be entirely relevant in my own life. And the basic principles of prosperity, peace, love, service, and all the rest have been timeless and truy - at least in the 50 years of my own experience. Yeah, the financial situation has become more complex, but a lot of that (think lifestyle creep) we bring upon ourselves.

If you don't believe the Bible has anything relevant to say, you won't like this book. On the other hand, if you do think the Bible is relevant and you're interested in what it has to say about finances and prosperity and the impact that should have on how we live, then I recommend this book to you.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wealth Out of Ashes.