Amy C's Reviews > Goddess of the Hunt

Goddess of the Hunt by Tessa Dare

Nov 15, 09

bookshelves: historical
Read in October, 2009

I read this book on the high recommendation of a friend. This time period usually isn't what I choose to read for Historical romances, but I am so glad that I did. Jeremy and Lucy were so very fun and entertaining.

Lucy is on a hunt to capture the one man she has 'loved' nearly her entire life. She fears that if she doesn't act soon, then this love of hers, Toby, is going to propose to another woman, Sophia. So Lucy sneaks away to the bedroom of a long time friend, Jeremy, one night and seeks out practice at seduction. Now this is a man Lucy has forever ribbed and taunted, trying for eight years to get under his skin. That night soon leads into Jeremy acting the besotted fool to Lucy in an attempt to make Toby jealous. However, Jeremy claims to be doing it to protect Lucy from making a fool of herself, but what neither of them realize, is love really is blooming, just not where either of them ever expected!

There were some truly lovely scenes in this book. Some will make you laugh, some will make you want to yell at Lucy to grow up, and others will make your palms sweaty from the heat that generates between Lucy and Jeremy. Tessa Dare has some amazing prose. Several places I marked to go back to reread through. Several paragraphs that just left you breathless.

I enjoyed this book so much that I went and bought the third book in the series, which just so happens to be Toby's! And I will be on the lookout for the second book, which is Sophia's! I am really looking forward to reading these next two in this trilogy. Both are characters that I enjoyed reading, especially Sophia. Even though she was a rival to Lucy in this book, you couldn't help but like her!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goddess of the Hunt.

Mandi Schreiner I hope you like this one Amy. She has gone straight to the keeper shelf

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy C Hi Mandi,
Christine was just telling me about this book and how much she loved it so I figured I should get it! Now that's two that loved it. I only read the first chapter this morning and I thought it was very good. Lots of tension with Jeremy. Looking forward to the rest of it for sure :).

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna I have this one, but haven't gotten to it yet. But have heard good things about it.

message 4: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy C Hi Anna,

You'll like it :). It had some laugh out loud moments. I found the second book yesterday, so now I have all of them.