Marathon County Public Library MCPL's Reviews > The Whisper of Legends

The Whisper of Legends by Barbara Fradkin

I almost did not finish this book, but I kept going and wound up finishing the book at 2 a.m. one night when I finally could not put it down. Inspector Michael Green goes into dense wilderness to find his missing daughter. He's an expert on the "mean" city streets but cowed by the vast and wild Northwest territories. The drive to find his daughter sends him canoeing down stage IV rapids, teaches him to track and sends him climbing mountainous terrain. The first part of the book feels slow and rather tedious, but I believe this mirrors Inspector Green's frustration with the local authorities and his inability to "do something" to find his daughter. Once Green gets on the ground and is actively tracking his daughter, with welcome help, the book charges ahead. There is an old mystery involving a missing person and lost treasure that twines with the Inspector's search. Obsession drove the missing prospector and also drives the Inspector.

Holly S. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in our library catalog.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Whisper of Legends.

09/07/2013 marked as: read