Daisiemae's Reviews > Sweet Reunion

Sweet Reunion by Shawn Lane

Sep 16, 2009

bookshelves: books-read-in-2009, books-reviewed-in-2009, books-to-i-will-never-part-with, contemporary-romance, e-book, series-romance, erotica, favorite-heroes, male-male-romance-erotica
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Shawn Lane fans, Fans of emotionally driven romances
Recommended for: Shawn Lane is an automatic buy for me
Read in September, 2009 , read count: 3

I love Shawn Lane books. I’ve made it no secret that she’s an automatic buy for me. I’m one of the anxious people who await her next book, and as soon as it’s available, I buy it.

What I love about Shawn’s books is you never know what you’re going to get. She is very versatile when it comes to her writing and characterization. She can write a very sweet and loving romances and she can write emotionally driven romances that keep you glued to the computer screen. Since I’m a fan of both sweet romances and angst; well Shawn’s books will always be a hit with me.

There’s not much I can say about Sweet Reunion that hasn’t been said. Sandy wrote an awesome review on it, I encourage anyone who’s interested in reading Sweet Reunion to check it out.

The reason I really enjoyed Sweet Reunion is I felt that this book was much more than just romance. It’s a book about surviving abuse and salvaging relationships not only with lost loves, but with family, too. I thought Shawn really was able to get to the heart of the matter when it came to both, Jason’s relationship with his ailing mother and with his first and true love Danny. One of the best things about this book is the people that are in it. Not only did I root for Jason and Danny, but even the mysterious and sexy Jude as well. It was even fairly easy to empathize with Jason’s abused mother. I was particularly impressed with Jason’s willingness to forgive the past and move on, just to give his dying mother some peace and happiness, even if at first I wasn’t sure if she deserved it.

Most of all I loved Danny and Jason together. The chemistry and the heartfelt love between them was apparent from the moment they are reunited together. Danny’s sweetness and understanding throughout the book, makes me have a special place in my heart for him as well as Jason. I agree that the ending has more of a HFN ending, but it also had a HEA feel to it, too. It’s apparent that Danny and Jason belong together, so them working things out and staying together really wasn’t a question for me.

I know by Shawn’s blog: http://smlgr8.blogspot.com she is working on Jude’s story now. (Yay!) I know I’m really looking forward to reading more about Jude and hopefully about Jason and Danny, too.

Solid 5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Reunion.

09/20/2009 page 1
09/24/2009 page 1
1.82% "I'm restarting this book. I had to go away for a few days and the story got interupted."
09/25/2009 page 1
1.82% "Wow! Loved both heroes and it's a great start of the series. Can't wait for Jude's story.
Review coming soon"

Maggie Very Cool review, Shell! I agree that Shawn's heroes and characters really bring you into the story. I really went back and forth on what to rate it. I probably should have rated it a 5, but I wanted a happier ending, even though like you said I know they will end up happy together.

Shayne You're so right, Shell Bell! Shawn is truly one of the best at making people care about the people she writes about, whether it's angsty or not.
Fabulous review!!!

Sidda Lee great review!

Natsroshan Amazing review Daisie!

message 5: by Rossy (new) - added it

Rossy Awesome review Shell!

message 6: by Rane (new)

Rane Great Review Daisiemae!

Lily Great review, Shell :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

awesomely cool. You said it, girl!

Lindsay Well, I was wondering what I was going to read next. You just made up my mind.
Awesome review, Shell!

message 11: by Nick (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nick Great review, S!

message 12: by Ava (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ava Wonderful review, Shellie! I totally agree - I love Shawn's characters!!

Sophie Great review, Daisi!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Terrific review!

message 15: by Drew (new) - rated it 5 stars

Drew Wonderful review, Girl!

Daisiemae Thanks y'all! I love Shawn's books! Every one of them have been really great.

message 17: by Mahlet (new) - added it

Mahlet Great review, and I'm so intrigued about this Jude now, too! ;)

Gabbi I really liked this book, too. I can't wait to read sexy Jude's story, he was such a doll!
Great review, Shellie

message 19: by Daisiemae (last edited Oct 01, 2009 06:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Daisiemae Mahlet wrote: "Great review, and I'm so intrigued about this Jude now, too! ;)"

You'll like him Mahlet:) Thanks for the compliment!

Thanks, Gabbi! I totally agree with you:)