Becky's Reviews > The Lost Symbol

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Sep 19, 09

bookshelves: just-for-fun
Read in September, 2009

This book is both poorly written and impossible to put down.

I think that about sums it up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Symbol.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Weber That is one of the best reviews I have ever read of a book. :)

Lauren This review is more true than any that I could ever attempt to write.

Mary-Lynn I agree totally.

Eric This review makes no sense.

Siobhan Most accurate review of any Dan Brown book ever.

message 6: by Jz (new)

Jz I was confused about my own opinion of this book until I read your opinion.
Now I recognize your opinion as the same as mine.

Leslie Thanks for not insisting that every book we read has to be gloriously written to be impossible to put down. Great review. Totally get it.

Chris Tice I agree. I'd rather be dazzled by the plot than by the writing any day.

Tracy I agree with your assessment.

Kathy Piper YES!I totally agree. I was trying to figure out how to say it, but you already did -- quite nicely, too! Your review also completely describes my contradictory feelings about Twilight!

message 11: by Bree (new) - rated it 2 stars

Bree I agreed with you until I put it down halfway through it and spent the next week reading a crappy teen fantasy series. Is it too much for me to hope that Langdon gets killed in the second half of the book?

message 12: by Jan (new) - rated it 1 star

Jan Nicely put! I did manage to put it down but not before reading the first and last quarters of the wretched thing!

Jeffrey A great and accurate review in 140 characters or less!

message 14: by Adrian (new)

Adrian Rush Best review I've seen yet. Totally agree.

Kristine Coumbe So true.

Réda Meg Same thing with The Da Vinci Code

Megan agreed.

Deanna Norris I am currently reading this book and every time someone asks me how it is, I quote your review. Absolute truth. I will finish it, but only because I must. Sigh.

Réda Meg most accurate review of almost all Dan Brown's books!

message 20: by Lynn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lynn Fox The perfect review of The Lost Symbol. Full disclosure: I still have 30 pages left but I really don't care how it wraps up.

Mohamed Naseem I agree With you

Dennis Koniecki You nailed this book in your review. Although you could have mentioned eunuchs. I feel like every review should be "this book is fun, poorly written, and features a killer eunuch."

message 23: by Lee (new) - rated it 1 star

Lee Ann I didn't even bother to write a review, because I'd write exactly what you did.