karen's Reviews > 365 Party Food Recipes

365 Party Food Recipes by Mary B. Johnson

Sep 15, 09

bookshelves: eats

i hope im not too late - all of you people who are having dan brown lost symbol parties this evening (and the rest of you - you are not representative of the book buying population at large, so you shouldnt even be on goodreads.com) here are some recipe ideas for you!!you can make fried pumpkin raviolis and turn them into little freemason handbooks, or scratch secret mason symbols on top of cherry linzer bars, or paint a picture of mary magdalene on the sausage thumbprints (thats kicking dan brown old school.) or make secret washington tunnel choux pastry!! ooooh i hope i have time to make robert langdon crostinis!! it is a party!! it is party food!!! in case anyone cares - the chicken apple salad i made for labor day party is on page 96. the other stuff was from magazines. sorry, suckers!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 365 Party Food Recipes.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Félix (last edited Sep 15, 2009 02:45PM) (new)

Félix That good, huh? have you tried any of the recipes?

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix Okay you posted the review right after I commented. Those things really do sound good.

karen there are also a lot of fruit/vegetable marriage salsas that i like. (but not the watermelon one i made for party)

message 4: by Greg (new)

Greg I'm going to be missing all of the fucking dan brown parties tonight, my life is terrible!!! Stupid class.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Null I'm supposed to have a Dan Brown party? But I don't like Dan Brown. Do I have to cancel my GR membership?

karen you have to cancel your membership to the human race. everyone is excited about dan brown! its dan brown!! they made me take down the summer reading table to make a giant dan brown display!! the basement is full of boxes and boxes of dan brown books!! can you not feel the dan brown in the air?? dan brown! dan brown! dan brown! o holy dan brown we adore theeeee!!! hes the only author who will ever matter!! drink the damn kool aid already.

karen is now a bad time to admit ive never read dan brown?

message 8: by Greg (new)

Greg tomorrow i'm returning all the books in my section that don't relate to dan brown in anyway.

karen thats the spirit!!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Null I kind of liked Angels & Demons, actually. It wasn't praticularly artistic in any way, but it was entertaining.

karen yeah ive never read him, im just rebelling against all the fuss being made at my store over his new book - we had to made a ridiculous and huge table to celebrate it and nothing is going to sell off of it and we have to keep it up until november. i only want good tables.

message 12: by Greg (new)

Greg at least you don't have to put up an even larger 2012 display tomorrow. i hate some of my sections.

karen remember my "books from 1969" display?

message 14: by Greg (new)

Greg that was a good one. i hope they bring back the year or decade displays.

karen bring back holloway!

message 16: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Dan Brown can tell a story, but he writes like a fourth grader on crack. He'd be better off with a ghost writer, or just a ghost. As to parties for him? Blah

I loves me some food though. And your Dan Brown foods sound...interesting.

message 17: by Sandy (new)

Sandy I'm looking for a better recipe for head cheese and Fluffernutter on whole wheat matzoh. Will this book help me in that area?

karen your parties sound terrible.

message 19: by Tuck (new)

Tuck karen wrote: "you have to cancel your membership to the human race. everyone is excited about dan brown! its dan brown!! they made me take down the summer reading table to make a giant dan brown display!! the ba..."

dan who?