Becky's Reviews > The Neighbor

The Neighbor by Lisa Gardner

Sep 15, 2009

Read in September, 2009

Wow - I started this book not really remembering if I'd loved the last Lisa Gardner book I'd read (Say Goodbye). However, Lisa Gardner is now going to be on my top favorite authors lists.

In The Neighbor Gardner brings on the suspense and never lets you get comfortable. She also is really good at keeping a secret; I had no idea how the book was going to end until the end. I admire how well she writes her characters, how separate and unique each is. One of the characters is a registered sex offender, and his story really opened my eyes to consequences of that particular offense.

The best part about this book though is the relation to Gardner's last book, Say Goodbye. I had no idea they would even be tied together until I read one name, and a lightbulb lit up inside my head. I had to google it to remember but once I did I couldn't wait to see how Gardner would tie up the loose ends. If you read Say Goodbye, you definitely want to read this book!

Enjoyable, suspenseful, some romance, violence, action...what more could you want?
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Neighbor.

09/15/2009 page 19