Annie's Reviews > Eat This, Not That!: The No-Diet Weight Loss Solution

Sep 14, 09

bookshelves: non-fiction
Recommended to Annie by: Kelly Brown
Read in September, 2009, read count: Once

A handy reference guide to making the best choices about what you put in your mouth. I really agree with this type of practical eating, a diet of moderation, and not a diet of deprivation. The book broke down several popular restaurant menus with the best and worst items. It’s pretty incredible there are restaurants that have appetizers containing over 1,000 calories. The book also makes grocery store recommendations and makes suggestions for what to eat on holidays and at the baseball game. I learned practical facts (the Prego Spaghetti Sauce I buy is a “not that” item) and impractical facts (Wendy’s was the first fast food chain to install a drive-through window). But as my dad so brutally pointed out-many of the “eat this” choices still weren’t the healthiest around. Talk about raining on my parade. I just wish it had a list of ALL the places I went to eat: either I wouldn’t go there anymore or would make better choices.

No Favorite Quotes
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eat This, Not That!.