Joy's Reviews > If I Am Missing or Dead: A Sister's Story of Love, Murder, and Liberation

If I Am Missing or Dead by Janine Latus

Dec 08, 09

Read in December, 2009

I read this book so fast! It really kept me reading, so I guess that means it was a good book? I was a little disappointed that it was an autobiography of the author. I thought that it would be more about the family and what they went through when the sister went missing and how they all dealt with it. The title is misleading. I also felt that the title referencing the sisters death and then the story ended up focusing on the author really incidentilized the death of the sister and all of the sister's problems. I thought she should have focused more on her than on herself and possibly wrote her own story in a different book? Or have changed the title to be about herself. It almost felt like a ploy to sell books? The book only dealt with the sister's death in how it affected the author. Disappointed, but still, I was drawn in and read it in 2 days.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Am Missing or Dead.