TeenFiction Teton County Library's Reviews > The 5th Wave

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

Sep 04, 2013

TCL Call#: YOUNG ADULT Yancey, R

Madeleine - 4 stars
Yay! A fun post-apocalyptic book that I could not predict. I loved that I could not be certain who was good and who was bad. I knew someone was lying but whom?
Plus, aliens! Aliens that look like us!
I’ll look forward to reading the next in the series (of course it’s a series, it’s teen fiction!).

Chris’ Rating: 4 Stars
Listened to via audio download:
It took a while for me to get into this one. It felt like the narrator was trying to drag out the mystery of what was happening without telling us…although I believe I guessed ahead of time what was happening. The other thing that almost turned me off is that the two main characters sounded so much alike. It felt like they were repeating each other (They had the same thought process) for the first third of the book. Then it got better half way through and I was truly hooked. The 5th Wave takes a fairly original (or less trod) approach to alien invasion. Not everything makes perfect sense…but these enemies don’t think like us so it shouldn’t. There are a few nice twists nearer the end I didn’t see happening quite as they did…but much I did suspect. However, to be fair, I am pretty good at guessing plots, or at the very least narrowing it down to a few probable possibilities.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 5th Wave.

09/04/2013 marked as: read