Gaijinmama's Reviews > Sink Reflections

Sink Reflections by Marla Cilley

Jan 15, 11

bookshelves: nonfiction
Recommended for: anyone who needs help de-cluttering and getting organized

This one is a keeper for those of us who have trouble getting organized and staying motivated.
It's simple, straightforward, practical and inspiring.
As Ms. Cilley (a.k.a. FlyLady) would say, don't try to catch up. Just jump in where you are. Oh, and while I don't follow her spiritual beliefs I can totally get down with her warning to stay positive, no whining, nagging or complaining allowed. That's a fact, Jack. No one ever really got what they wanted by feeling sorry for themselves and acting like a doormat! Of course I love my family but the bottom line is, I want a clean home and an organized, clutter-free life for ME. I deserve it, and who better to take the reins and work toward getting things in order than myself.
The only part that makes me uncomfortable is Cilley's strong religious beliefs, but she says herself to take it or leave it. I absolutely agree with her that mess and disorganization on the outside outside reflects what's going on inside. There is no doubt that she is writing from a place of love, peace, and self-respect.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sink Reflections.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jenny You can sign up and have reminders sent to your email also. Visit her website.

Gaijinmama OH, I know!! I've been getting her emails for years. Should probably have mentioned that in the review. Are you a FlyBaby, too?

message 3: by Jo_elle1 (new)

Jo_elle1 There's just something about a clean sink that makes the dreaded task of fixing dinner easier for me. I don't know why but it works. FlyLady taught me that. ;)

Jenny I have been trying for several years. I pretty much have been deleteing mostly. I actually have been back at my routines. Seems like it takes me all day to do the morning one and then I work on the afternoon one and by evening I fizzle out and don't get much of it done. Guess I'll just have to adjust a bit. It's amazing though how much better things look with just doing a little routine for a couple days.

Gaijinmama Well, I try not to beat myself up if I don't get all of it done. Even if I only straighten up and clean a little, only get the decluttering done a couple times a week instead of every day, the place sure looks better than it did before!