Rossy's Reviews > Nicholas

Nicholas by Elizabeth Amber

May 20, 10

bookshelves: series-pnr, challenge-badboys-2010, challenge-dare-2010, taboo, bodice-rippers, challenge-144-books-2010, challenge-pnr-series-2010
Recommended to Rossy by: Several GR friends
Recommended for: open-minded/smutt readers
Read from May 15 to 20, 2010

Take my review with a grain of salt. I'm very kinky and thus the book couldn't shock me....well other than the 2 phalluses i was warned about. Which i thought of as a plus. If one can bring pleasure then wouldn't 2 be even better?

If you don't mind spoilers i suggest you read this review here first: http://www.ripmybodice.com/2009/07/23...

If you are not a little pervy like myself. *chuckles* Then i suggest this review by my friend Isis first: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

My take on this book? I think if you're in the mood for a historical(bodice ripper), BDSM with no pain but more of a sub/master theme. Then this book is just the right one for you. Is the story highly developed? I would say it's simple, to the point that sometimes i felt the plot became a bit ridiculous. Still i enjoyed it, laughed and rolled my eyes all throughout.

The hero/heroine? The roles played were a bit cartoonish at times. For example, the heroine sensed one person was not to be trusted yet she would reveal herself to this person time and time again. I kept shaking my head at the absurdity of it all. The hero was not too bright either, i mean really couldn't you just sat her down and explain "the ways of the Satyr" to her now that she knows? Like some idiotic man; he would leave things for last minute, and wondered why she would be hesitant to follow blindly at whatever he sprang up? Get a clue, it's called communication!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nicholas.

05/19/2010 page 84
26.33% "Hmmm, this book is not as bad as i feared. So far no disturbing scenes. I wonder what that says about me, when am not shocked....LOL!" 3 comments
05/20/2010 page 168
52.66% 5 comments

Comments (showing 1-8)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Samantha Glad to see that you liked this one. It was a weird book but I still enjoyed it.

message 7: by Dina (new)

Dina Rossy, I think you forgot to add the links to the reviews you mention on your review.

Rossy Dina wrote: "Rossy, I think you forgot to add the links to the reviews you mention on your review."

message 5: by Rossy (last edited May 20, 2010 07:39PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rossy Redsoxfan wrote: "If you're a bit pervy like me too, the 2 penis theme can be found in Victorious Star & Fallen Star by Morgan Hawke. Both are a bit on the raunchy side-in a good way of course."

Yum! I'm off to find those now ^.^

Thanks!

message 4: by Dina (last edited May 20, 2010 07:36PM) (new)

Dina Rossy wrote: "Yeah, just wanted to write it down so that i could go and have my late dinner.LOL"

Ah, okay! What's for dessert? Ice cream again? ;)

Rossy Yeah and it was REALLY good!LOL

message 2: by Gus (new)

Gus I want to read this now, but I think my husband would NEVER EVER stop making fun of me if he saw the cover :)

Rossy Just tell him it was sent to you for review and you couldn't say no!LOL