Tynga's Reviews > Fire

Fire by Kristin Cashore

Sep 13, 2009

bookshelves: favorites
Read in August, 2009

n epic medieval adventure mixed with the right amount of fantasy and suspense to have you craving for more! This is what you'll get when reading Fire.

Fire is a monster. A being of extreme beauty able to mind control any weak or willing mind in her surroundings. She is the last human monster and many try to make sure there will never be someone else like her by ending her days.

In a time of war, there are more important matters though. Fire have been summoned by King Nash to help him in an imminent war, but will she help him? Her powers are so terrible, how could she use them?

I really loved the book in so many ways! Fire is one lovely women. A monster yes, but so much more then that. A great mind, great morality, decided to do the greater good even though she has a shady past.
Many very interesting characters are involved during her journey and I found myself very fond of Brigan. Mysterious, handsome, talented and so out of reach!
Kristin bring us so deep in the medieval atmosphere that you feel right in the middle of the action all the time, I could totally picture myself in a stone castle plotting to put an end to the kingdom's enemies.

I haven't read Graceling yet (ordered it right as I finished Fire though) so I can't tell you how Fire fits in. I read the resume of Graceling and I'm kinda sad because it doesn't seem like I can expect to see Fire or Brigan in that novel. Hopefully I am wrong!
Fire release in September or October depending on your country, but you gotta pre-order that book! Every fantasy lover out there will fall for that book hands down!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire.