Nora St Laurent's Reviews > Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God

Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones

Sep 13, 09

Read in September, 2009

“There’s a feeling in the air, and I don’t like it. A feeling that says, Things are about to get messy and out of control. Messy I can handle. The contents of my purse are a testimonial to that. But the relationship business? Let’s just say I’m a better cinematographer than I am a girlfriend.”

This statement out of the mouth of Maggie, world traveler, great at her job, but not so good with relationships of any kind; which she soon discovers when a family emergency brings her home to Ivey, Texas. The last place on earth she wants to be. Talk about messy?

Maggie is going to church and hears the pastor say, “What’s holding you back today? Every single one of us has fears. You know who eats that up? The enemy. He loves nothing more than to see you hanging tight to all those things you’re afraid of. ..”
Maggie wonders if the pastor is talking directly to her, and you’ll wonder if Jenny is talking to you.

This book grabbed my heart and attention right from the start. Jenny B. Jones not only has Maggie discover she might have a few fears she’s holding on to but she made me think about fear in a deeper, personal sense. What does facing your fear look like? I think that this author does an amazing job of showing Maggie how to identify her fears, but it made this reader think about the issue of fear as well.

Bravo, Jenny! for penning such a dynamic, funny, heartfelt story of unconditional love, forgiveness, and letting God take the drivers’ seat of our lives. It’s a scary thing to do. Can Maggie pull it off, could you? Jenny gives you hope and a little bit of her testimony about dealing with fear, in the back of the book. I can’t stop thinking about this book and neither will you!

Nora St.Laurent
Finding Hope Through Fiction
www.psalm516.blogspot.com
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Between You and Me.