Janna's Reviews > Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God

Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones

Sep 12, 09

Jenny, Jenny who can I turn to
You give me something I can hold on to
Okay, aside from the fact that those 2 lines are a mini tribute to Tommy Tutone and a famous phone number, they are true. I look forward to every book Jenny B. Jones writes and she has yet to let me down. First off a great YA series, the Katie Parker series, and then she follows that up with So Not Happening the first of The Charmed Life series. Admittedly they are both considered YA series (but come on, she's a high school teacher and she knows her audience very well!) but I have thoroughly enjoyed them. I was curious to see how her first turn at women's fiction went, you know, the whole if it ain't broke don't fix it kind of thing... I'm so glad she decided to fix it.

Jenny takes some tough subjects - abandonment, mental disease, suicide (?), forgiveness and bitterness and does an amazing thing by adding some incredible characters (Maggie is wonderful and you can feel the struggle she is going through in trying to protect herself and also do the right thing, and don't get me started on Riley and how she tries so hard to put up a wall so she won't get hurt again but she just wants to be loved) throwing in some good humor and topping it off with wonderful realism (the relationship between Maggie and her dad and seeing her reaction to how he treats Riley now was so real that I couldn't believe it!) and she winds up with an amazing story. I wish this wasn't a stand alone book, but I think it is. If not, I really hope to see Maggie Montgomery in print again someday, what a gal!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Between You and Me.