Morgan's Reviews > The Darkest Lie

The Darkest Lie by Gena Showalter

1977404
Jul 29, 10

bookshelves: angels, demons, fiction, paranormal, mythology, romance
Read from July 12 to 26, 2010

Gideon is one of my favs and I was a wee bit meh about this book. (Strider and Torin are the others.)

There were the usual funny bits, and she's set up the scene for Amun and Strider whose books come next (in that order). I'm not sure how she's going to get Amun to a HEA from the state he's in right now. Or how you do a book from the PoV of someone who can't speak.

Of course, I wasn't sure how a book from the PoV of someone who can't tell the truth would go over either. haha. It was a little easier to read Gideon-speak for an entire book than I thought it would be. ;) I do so enjoy Gideon-speak.

What I was meh about comes in the form of his 'wife', their relationship, and all the twists and turns in their history and present.

I really hope that Haidee/Hadiee isn't Strider's HEA. Ugh. I see so many people looking forward to her getting to Paris' story, but I'd rather see poor Torin manage to get his.

Oh and William. I really want to learn more about William, especially after what Lucifer said when they went to Hell.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Lie.