Joy's Reviews > Blow Out

2711937
Jun 08, 10

bookshelves: mystery-suspense, public-reads
Read from June 03 to 08, 2010 — I own a copy

This is the second Catherine Coulter book I've read, the first one being "The Sherbrooke Twins", which was a disappointment for me. I purchased the books because they were on sale, and it took some months before I read them. This one I liked, the mystery was written well, but it really didn't "thrill" me because it has more dialogue than action.

I'm fond of reading mysteries especially when they come in a series and I make it a point to start at the beginning. This is the 9th in the series and I'm not really rushing to read the previous books or the next in the series, this was just a "filler" book and it was just OK. Ms Coulter's writing style doesn't really do it for me, the sentences were too long, the dialogue like a script, and I didn't feel the characters come to life.

Agent Savich and Sherlock, the husband-and-wife team worked really well, and I knew Ben raven and Callie Markham were gonna end up together.

It's just an average novel with a good plot, so-so characters, and though my comments might sound negative, the book still got me hooked. There's the paranormal take on a crime 30 years old, and we find that this is the sub-story. The main story is the murder of a supreme court justice. One by one the characters, even the minor ones were murdered. I liked how all the loose ends were tied, and though the plot twist was unfair, it's inevitable.

If you want something that would keep you at the edge of your seat, I suggest Edna Buchanan or Suzanne Brockmann, your heart rate'll go faster.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blow Out.

06/03/2010 page 86