Smita Beohar's Reviews > Twenties Girl

Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella

Jun 11, 2010

bookshelves: chick-lits, reading-again
Read in September, 2009

When you say Sophie Kinsella the words that come to my mind are breezy read, adorable & characters which you can relate with, hilarious situations & value for money. Thankfully she doesn’t disappoint us even this time.

When I had first read about the book I knew that she can not go wrong this time as well. Lara, 20 something is the girl of the present generation. Her life is in shambles because her partner in her startup business has eloped to Goa leaving the business in lurch. She has been dumped by her boyfriend and her parents are behind her life to move on. It is under such circumstances that she attends the funeral of her 105 old Great Aunt Sadie. The otherwise dull funeral takes a turn for an exciting beginning when Aunt Sadie lands up as a ghost, a ghost which only Lara can see and hear.

Aunt Sadie has a mission in mind. She wants to track down her missing dragon necklace and Lara is the one who can do it for her.

What follows next is a hilarious & roller coaster ride for the readers.

I am so tempted to reveal more about the book & the plot because there are so many things that I can share and we all can laugh on it together but then that would take away the fun from the book.

Sophie has yet again delivered a must read chick lit for all her faithful readers. While her writing leaves you chuckling, her imagination will leave you in awe. She pulls out some adorably funny moments out of her hat which leaves you loving the characters. Aunt Sadie’s antics will surely get enough chuckles out of us. Come to think of it the basic premise of the book is such that the book had to be good.

There are places where you see the glimpses of Becky in Lara there is the same goofiness, as adorable as Becky et. al and it made me think if the author is becoming repetitive. But as I read on I realised that the treatment might be slightly similar but story & formula’s are such that the book stands out and makes the wait for her next book quite painful.

I would strongly recommend this book to all. It is not path breaking but fultoo entertainment
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twenties Girl.

09/14/2009 page 81
18.75% "I am absolutely loving this book...A typical Sophie Kinsella book!!!"
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Reema (new) - added it

Reema Sahay This is the only one I have not read yet.