Sally's Reviews > Finding Cassie Crazy

Finding Cassie Crazy by Jaclyn Moriarty

May 08, 12

bookshelves: diary-or-letters, ya, school, friendship, mystery, boy-meets-girl, australian
Read from May 07 to 08, 2012, read count: 1

Super enjoyable, and a very fast read! My favourite pair were by far Seb and Lydia and I was really rooting for them to get together. The secret assignments were heaps of fun! Emily was a bit OTT and exhausting, but she was funny, like how she was always blissfully misusing big words. I found her a little immature and IRL I don't think we'd have been friends, but she was fun to read about - in small doses ;) She's a bit of a steamroller.

I really liked Charlie too. His "dates" with Emily were cute, although it was a bit predictable that 2 of the 3 pairs did end up, well, paired off. Matthew's first letter to Cassie made me laugh out loud: SUCH the public school thug stereotype!

The mystery surrounding "Matthew Dunlop" was really interesting - just when you think this is a simple book about three sets of penpals, WHAM! The plot thickens! Although once Emily, Lydia and Cassie were accused of being the vandals it was kind of obvious who was actually behind it. (Btw I LOVED the girls' prank on Paul. That was gold!)

At first I thought it was a bit confusing following six different characters but you get the hang of who's who pretty quickly. And the format of letters and diary entries only is a fun one :D Also, although Ashbury is mentioned as being a private school, those girls are soooo not stereotypical private school girls! If the words "private school" hadn't been mentioned then I would have assumed Ashbury was a public school too.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding Cassie Crazy.

05/07/2012 page 28
show 2 hidden updates…

Muphyn i read this ages ago and can't really remember it much. so... my rating should be taken very cautiously. ;) need to re-read it, really.