Joe Miller's Reviews > Lysbeth: A Tale of the Dutch

Lysbeth by H. Rider Haggard
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lysbeth.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Christine I'm curious about your system of ranking. Namely, why does this book only get one star and the Left Behind Kids books get two? Just wondering :)

message 2: by Joe (new) - rated it 1 star

Joe Miller Christine wrote: "I'm curious about your system of ranking. Namely, why does this book only get one star and the Left Behind Kids books get two? Just wondering :)"
its a combination of how much i liked the book, how well i thought it was written, (dialoge, story, character development, etc) and just my overall opinion of the writer, his other books and the worldview being presented in the book...

Christa Ewing i didn't really enjoy it either. i was kinda disappointed. i can't even motivate myself to finish it ;p

message 4: by Joe (new) - rated it 1 star

Joe Miller awwww come on... you have to finish a book... unless you have serious objections to it, you should always finish it... i think i can count on one hand the books that i haven't finished... :P :P

Jessica I didn't like it either! :P I thought the whole thing was just kinda cheesy.

Christine I liked it. I wasn't particularly familiar with that period of history so I found that aspect very interesting and while H. Rider Haggard's style of writing isn't my favorite I think he wrote very well.

But obviously we're all entitled to very different preferences :)

message 7: by Joe (new) - rated it 1 star

Joe Miller wow... i thought i was the only one who didn't like it... glad my opinion is shared by some... its always nice to know what others think of the books we read... :P :P