Tony's Reviews > Pop Goes the Weasel

Pop Goes the Weasel by James Patterson

Sep 11, 2009

James Patterson- Pop Goes the Weasel (Warner Books 2000) 3.75 Stars

Alex Cross is finally engaged, and yes it is to Christine! Cross is after British diplomat Geoffrey Shafer, a serial killer having fun while playing a deadly game of dice. For the first time we see Cross in court trying to prove Shafer’s guilt, which may not be as easy as it seems. The two go back and forth moving and counter-moving, all in the effort to gain control of the situation.

Once again I enjoyed Alex Cross. He is a very deep and lovable character. I do get a little bit tired of how most of his serial killers seem to somehow involve his family. I am sure that this does happen, but not as much as Patterson is making it seem. The villain was very interesting as well, as we knew who it was the whole way through, which Patterson does not always do. The case work and investigative skill of Alex Cross was intriguing to read about and watch how his mind works out the details. I wasn’t as fond of the ending as it didn’t quite seem realistic, but up until that point I was enjoying the book immensely.

I recommend Pop Goes the Weasel to Patterson/Alex Cross fans, and mystery/thriller enthusiasts.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pop Goes the Weasel.