♥ Beth's Reviews > Tucker's Claim

Feb 27, 10

bookshelves: cowboys
Read from February 26 to 28, 2010

Tucker’s Claim

Book 3 of the Hell’s Eight series.

Maybe my standards for Sarah McCarty books are set too high based on the Promises series, but I think this is my least favorite of her books so far. I thought it was far too wordy and the sex scenes very un-sexy. The heroine was too strange (she had some really weird ideas) and Tucker was far too dominating. I found their relationship completely un-romantic.

I ♥ Sarah McCarty and if I’d never read the Promises series, I might rate Hell’s Eight higher, but IMO they are not at all in the same league. I miss the Sarah McCarty from Ellora’s Cave and I refuse to give up on her, in hopes that she will someday reappear!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tucker's Claim.

02/26/2010 page 75
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

KarenH You pretty much summed my thoughts up exactly regarding this book. I had high expectations going in because I like Sarah McCarty as well and thought she would pick it up some with Tucker's story since the first 2 installments of Hell's Eight were just mediocre. Unfortunately, they turned out to be much better than this one. Tucker was sleazy. Also, it was a little hard to suspend disbelief with the Puritan heroine - who had been married to a straight-laced doctor and knew nothing other than what he would've taught her - decided to do what she did on her and Tucker's first sexual romp. And then all the toys? Pffft! Come to think of it, did they ever do it missionary style? LOL Anyway...great review!

♥ Beth LOL...Thanks Karen!

No, there was definitely nothing normal about any of their sexual encounters which totally clashed with Sally Mae's puritan ideas and beliefs!! *rolling eyes* so unbelievable!

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura Wow, I always felt like the odd chick out when it came to McCarty. The only stuff I have read of hers is the Hells 8 series, and my complaints were the same as yours. Too much chatter in the sex scenes so I get bored in the middle and too much filler to slow down the plot. I have heard the "Promises Series" is fab. But I stayed away from it until I heard it was an EC series. Now I am looking forward to reading it. Thanks to everyone for recommending it to me at GR. I would love to find a series of hers that clicks for me! ;)

xoxo
Laura Stamps
Paranormal Erotica Novelist
(Witches, Shapeshifters, Vampires)

♥ Beth Oh Laura, the Promises series is the best! I highly recommend them. Awesome stories, great writing and scorching hot sex scenes..so definitely don't discount them based on McCarty's other series because they don't compare!!

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura Thanks, Beth. That's what I keep hearing, so "Promises" is on my list to read now. I'll be sure to rate and review it on GR when I finish it. I would sooooo love to find something of hers to love. I like her Were anthologies better than the Hells 8 too. They aren't 5 stars, but at least they don't make me crazy. lol

xoxo
Laura Stamps
Paranormal Erotica Novelist
(Witches, Shapeshifters, Vampires)

Heidi I agree the Hell's Eight are not nearly as good as the Promises.