Douglas Cootey's Reviews > Glenn Beck's Common Sense: The Case Against an Out-of-Control Government, Inspired by Thomas Paine

Glenn Beck's Common Sense by Glenn Beck

Dec 02, 10

bookshelves: ebook, non-fiction
Read in September, 2009, read count: 1

Glenn Beck puts forward some ideas that bear consideration. Much has been changed in our country in the last hundred or so years and Beck tries to shout a clarion call to mobilize like-minded individuals to stop the change and reverse it. He details how far we have diverged from the original intents of the Constitution, and what we can do to get back.

Although I found his writing style a bit meandering and chaotic, I did enjoy the quotes from the Founding Fathers, as well as the information Beck gathered to make his points. I don’t believe this book will sway anybody who doesn’t skew conservative, but it should work to better inform conservatives and help them understand the Constitutional issues currently at stake. For those who are liberal, this is a good book to help them understand where conservatives are coming from (as opposed to Republicans).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glenn Beck's Common Sense.