stephanie's Reviews > Shiver

Apr 12, 10

bookshelves: 2010, fantasy, prize-winners, young-adult, series
Read from December 07, 2009 to April 10, 2010

62 degrees.

i am unsure about this book. don't get me wrong, i am already planning on how to get my hands on Linger tomorrow. but i didn't like the sections from sam's POV as much as grace's.

in fact, i LOVED grace. i think she's strong and interesting and i love the way the story developed - and how grace developed.

but sam . . . i don't know. i think part of the problem was i started the book, the listened to some of the audiobook, and then went back to the text because i found the guy who read sam really, really annoying. (the girl who read grace was fabulous.) so i couldn't exactly figure out why it wasn't all in grace's POV.

it starts off kind of quietly, but by the end, it's moving so quickly that you can't believe there aren't 300 more pages.

i recommend the book, but possibly not the audiobook.

(since moving to a place that requires me to drive, i am trying to figure out how to read while commuting like i used to. this wasn't the one to win me over.)
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shiver.

09/10/2009 page 12
3.08% "creepy and good already!"
03/20/2010 page 126
32.31% "i picked up the audio version to get me started again, but now i'm back to the book. loving the woods."