Lisa Vegan's Reviews > Life in the Boreal Forest

Life in the Boreal Forest by Brenda Z. Guiberson

Mar 08, 10

bookshelves: childrens, nature, non-fiction, picture-books, reviewed
Recommended to Lisa by: Abigail A.
Recommended for: nature lovers, tree lovers, forest lovers, animal lovers; nature education
Read on March 08, 2010

Spectacular, gorgeous, amazing, glorious illustrations. My only quibble is using the scariest looking one, a lynx hunting an ermine, as the cover illustration. I’d have gone with just about any of the other illustrations in the book for the cover.

This is a wonderful ecology book for children, with interesting information, fascinating details, and a plea for conservation, including a list of organizations in the front and an author’s note with map in the back of the book. The “sound effects” were rather interesting but might be challenging to read aloud accurately.

The illustration with the wolves might be my favorite but it's so difficult to choose.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life in the Boreal Forest.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lisa Vegan Abigail, Yes, it has drama but I found it unfriendly on the cover, although I liked it within the book. I'd rather have had an overview illustration of some type, a wide angle view of the forest, etc.