Shanon's Reviews > The Dark Mirror

The Dark Mirror by Juliet Marillier

Sep 29, 09

bookshelves: fantasy, audiobook, dfc-1, 2009, library-downloads, dark-fantasy
Read in September, 2009

Admittedly, I have not read many epic fantasies so I have very few works to compare The Dark Mirror to (I’m fairly certain this would constitute as an epic fantasy). I was worried when I began that I was not going to like the book but I stuck it out and am glad that I did. Once involved in the story I truly enjoyed it and it had absolutely no problems holding my attention. The reader is introduced to the characters and the world in such a way that it is easy to understand the complexities of their society and faith.

I like the fact that this could be read alone without any need to read the rest of the series. All the loose ends in the story were wrapped up nicely while hinting at future possible story lines. I am looking forward to reading the rest in the series.

My only complaint about this book is that it is highly predictable. From the beginning you knew how things would turn out for the main characters. There were a few twists and turns along the way but none of these were really all that surprising either. I enjoy the suspense of not knowing how things are going to all pan out in my books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Mirror.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn I'm excited to hear your opinion of this. I've wanted to read it for awhile but still haven't gotten around to it.