Alyssa's Reviews > Shadowfever

Jan 18, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, 2011-favorites
Recommended for: Everyone
Read from January 17 to 18, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

As many of you have, I've waited breathlessly for this book and the culmination of this series since reading Dreamfever back in August of 2009. When I got this priceless treasure in my hands I could hardly wait to open it, but I must admit I was a little scared. What if it didn't meet my expectations? What if I had built the 'idea' of the last book into something that the actual book could never live up too? Well, I'm here to tell you that not only did it meet my expectations, but it completely blew them out of the water. If I could give this book 100 stars I would.

I will not give any spoilers in my review, IMO that will take away from the experience of reading it for yourself and discovering all that awaits you within the pages. I will tell you, however, to be prepared for one hell of a roller coaster ride because it is fast paced and will keep you on the edge of your seat for all 594 pages. Karen Marie Moning is such a master story-teller and keeps you guessing the entire way through, & when she finally reveals the secrets, it will be beyond your wildest imagination and absolutely stun you!

I cannot recommend this series enough to anyone who hasn't already caught the Fever. Don't think about it anymore, just read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadowfever.

Quotes Alyssa Liked

Karen Marie Moning
“Some things are sacred. Until you act like they're not. Then you lose them”

Karen Marie Moning
“He pulls me around and kisses me. "You're Mac," he says. "And I'm Jericho. And nothing else matters. Never will. You exist in a place that is beyond all rules for me. Do you understand that?"
I do.
Jericho Barrons just told me he loves me.”

Karen Marie Moning
“I didn’t ask. Some things are better left unsaid.
He looked at me and I shivered. I never get enough of him.
Never will.
He lives.
I breathe.
I want. Him. Always.
Fire to my ice. Ice to my fever.
Later we would go to bed, and when he rose over me, dark and vast and eternal, I’d know joy.”

Karen Marie Moning
“What part of 'directly' didn't you understand?"
"Same part of 'play well with others' you never understand, O cantankerous one," I muttered.
He laughed, surprising me [...] "I'd be a lot less cantankerous if you admitted you wanted to fuck me and we got down to it.”

Karen Marie Moning
“He will give them to my sidhe-seers," Rowena said sternly. "We will place the stones."
Barrons gave her an incredulous look with the subtle arch of a brow. "In whose f*cking reality do you think that's going to happen?"
"You have no business being involved."
"Old woman, I don't like you," Barrons said coldly. "Be careful around me. Be very, very careful."
Rowena closed her mouth, perched her glasses on her nose, and pursed her lips.
I looked at V'lane. "Did you bring the fourth stone?"
He looked at Barrons. "Did he bring his three?"
Barrons bared his teeth at V'lane.
V'lane hissed.
The Keltar growled.
And so it went.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Unbelievable," I heard Christian mutter behind me.
"She toops them both?" I head Drustan ask.
"And they permit it?" Dageus sounded baffled.
I looked between V'lane and Barrons. "This isn't even about me."
"You're wrong about that." Barrons reached into his pocket and pulled out a cell phone. "You know how to find me if you want me." He was walking away.
"More nifty acronyms?"
He was gone.”

Karen Marie Moning
“The bookstore was a wreck. That much hadn't been a dream. I began to stand and stopped, realizing there was a sheet of paper taped to my coat. Dazedly, I pulled it off.
If you leave this bookstore and make me track you, I will make you regret it to the end of your days. ~ Z
I began to laugh and cry at the same time. I sat, clutching the paper to my chest, elated.
He was alive!.

Karen Marie Moning, Shadowfever

01/17/2011 "So excited....a feast for my eyes & brain! JZB here I come <3"
01/17/2011
15.0% "On Pg 94....OMFG!!!!!!!" 3 comments
01/17/2011
25.0% "Oh K'Vruck, how I love thee!!!!!"
01/18/2011 page 326
55.0% "I am speechless!!!! Could this book get any better?!?!"
01/18/2011 page 413
70.0% "Just amazing...surprises at every turn! <3 it!"
01/18/2011 ""Some things are sacred. Until you act like they're not. Then you lose them.""
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Spoiler Whore but you can call me Amanda More than half way thru and Ima loving it. I did skim thru cause it was killing me not knowing if you know who, you know what and there are definitely moments of WTF?! Can't wait to read the new series and see how everything goes from there.

Alyssa I had to do the same thing because it was killing me too.

message 3: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina So...what you're saying is..... I can now start reading the series?

Alyssa Yes Tina...you can definitely start the series now. Such a fantastic series and to be able to read it straight through without waiting for the next book..priceless!

message 5: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina Excellent. I have heard so many good things about the series but the one thing most everyone has agreed on was the cliffhangers and the frustrating wait between books.

Vanessa Okay Alyssa, I read some of the reviews (although I kept away from any spoilers - don't want to ruin it), and now I'm even more anxious to read it if that were even possible. It's a good thing I'm listening to an excellent book right now. I almost feel lost without my fever fix. Oh, I guess I'll make it somehow. It's a good thing I didn't start the series earlier, I'd be in agony.

Alyssa Now you understand my frustration for the past 1.5yrs and why I've been so excited the past few weeks. I've wanted to recommend this series to SO many but not until the release of this book was closer, just because of the cliffhangers. I'm so glad you love it!

Vanessa Yesterday I saw it in Target and I had this sense of longing. Boy, was I stupid to order the thing. I'm really glad you told me to stick with it. I love a good series - it is very exciting!

Vanessa Okay Alyssa, I ordered the audio and it should be here shortly. I'll let you know what I think.

Alyssa It is utterly amazing! Natalie Ross does an outstanding job!

message 11: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth Thank you, thank you, for raving about this series...I've got a friend now reading it, too. Wow. What a ride. :)

What new series?

Alyssa Beth wrote: "Thank you, thank you, for raving about this series...I've got a friend now reading it, too. Wow. What a ride. :)

What new series?"

I'm so glad you loved it Beth!!!! Let me know what your friend thinks of them ♥

Depends on what you are in the mood for.

Contemporary Romance ~ Pamela Clare's I-Team series

Urban Fantasy ~ Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniels series

Paranormal Romance ~ J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series

Romantic Suspense ~ J.D. Robb's In Death series

Scott I haven't had a chance to read it yet,but I can hardly wait!An't wait to find out what happens next and how it will all end.

message 14: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth @Scott...take a dramamine, first...for the roller coaster ride of a story!

I just looked up Pink Martini's version of Que Sera Sera...and wow...what a weird experience it must have been in whichever book it was, hearing that playing in her head.

Alyssa It's one of the best series out ther, IMO, Scott!

@Beth ~ I've wanted to look that up but have never done it. Must give myself a reminder.