Alison's Reviews > Raising Your Spirited Child: A Guide for Parents Whose Child is More Intense, Sensitive, Perceptive, Persistent, and Energetic

Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka

Sep 10, 09

bookshelves: parenting
Read in August, 2009

I love how this book offers parenting techniques and strategies that are loving and kind. It mainly offers a better understanding. It offers a better understanding of why my child screams and kicks at the most minor and frustrating things! It suggests techniques and what to say to help an intense child calm down before emotions spin out of control and spill over into tantrums. It helps to recognize and alter the situations that could be contributing to meltdowns.

It has helped me to control my anger and frustrations when flare-ups happen. It helps me to feel better as a parent to know that I am anot at fault: research has proven that some kids are genetically more intense and sensitive. It has helped me to see where I have done things well to calm situations that would have spiraled out of control if I had not intervened in the way I did. My husband is beginning to recognize these situations and has complimented me on being able to avoid meltdowns. We both are better parents because of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raising Your Spirited Child.