Saritza's Reviews > Windows in Time

Windows in Time by M. Jules Aedin

Sep 17, 09

bookshelves: romance-contemporary-gay, romance-paranormal-gay, my-clients, favorites
Read in September, 2009

I don't even know where to start on this review because there's so much I want to say and so much I want to divulge but this is one of those books that you go back to and say, "holy shit, it's like I was there!"

Summary: Fate added injury to insult when Jonah Sellers’s live-in boyfriend left him: while moving out his ex’s belongings, Jonah fell down the stairs and broke his leg. Now his house is a prison, and he's working from home while his sister checks up on him. The only diversion in Jonah’s routine is catching the odd glimpse of a man in the apartment across the way taking off his clothes in front of the window.

But then Jonah is distracted by Liam Brooks, the nurse his sister sends over when she goes on vacation. As they dance around their growing attraction, Jonah and Liam begin to wonder about the man in the window. Why is he always dressed in the same clothes? Why is he there one minute and not the next? How is it that he lives in an old woman's apartment? It's while trying to answer these questions that they stumble across a fifty-year-old missing persons case they can't resist trying to solve.

What I liked about this book: First of all, this is NOT your typical romance and though all of the elements of a truly erotic romance are there, it's truly a "whodunit" book that sucks you into the lives of these two couples separated only by time. Aedin takes you on a journey that spans 2 months separated by 50 years. This is CSI meets QAF meets M. JULES AEDIN

After reading this one, I desperately needed a break because I knew any other book that followed this read would pale in comparison to this book. If you've read Ally Blue's Bay City Paranormal Investigations Series, you'll see a shout-out to her in this book and her influence is felt in the medical aspects of the book but Aedin's "haunting" scenes are all her own and amazing!

Oh and let's not forget the cross-dressing character in the 1950s that you completely fall in love with! What's NOT to love about this book? Don't think about it, just go buy this book. Right now!

Excerpt: “Shh,” Buck murmured, bending down and trailing his lips from the nape of Oliver‟s neck down his spine until he found the zipper of the dress. He caught the piece of metal in his teeth and tugged, the metallic click of each inch loud in his ears. When he finished, he was kneeling behind Oliver, his nose pressed into the
smooth skin of Oliver‟s lower back and the soft fabric of the dress
cool against his face.

Oliver trembled, and Buck held his hips, steadying him.

“Buck….” Oliver‟s hand came back, fumbling for him, and landed in his hair; his fingers tightened, pulling, tugging Buck closer. Buck let his tongue flick out, painting long, wide stripes across Oliver‟s back. “Buck, please.”

“You taste so good,” Buck whispered, nipping the swell of Oliver‟s hip. “I want to eat you alive.”

Oliver groaned, and Buck sank his teeth into the soft flesh again, worrying the hard knob of bone beneath the skin and muscle. Oliver‟s fingers tightened again, tugging with purpose this time, trying to force Buck back up his body.

“Come here,” Oliver demanded breathlessly. Buck rocked back on his heels and looked up at his lover. Oliver‟s dress hung open, the dark wig askew and the natural gold of Oliver‟s hair showing above one ear. His pale skin was flushed in shades of rose, starting in his face and neck and spreading down his shoulders and back.

Buck stood, feeling his knees protest, and molded himself to Oliver‟s back.

“So beautiful,” he murmured, his lips brushing Oliver‟s ear.

Oliver wriggled, breaking Buck‟s grip so he could turn to face him. A small smile claimed Buck‟s mouth; he forgot how strong Oliver was until moments like that, when Oliver challenged him. The dress slipped as Oliver pressed against him, shifting to reveal a flushed chest and erect nipples. Hardness pressed into Buck‟s hip, matching and mirroring Buck‟s arousal.

“Make love to me,” Oliver sighed, mouth pressed to Buck‟s so that each word vibrated through him. Buck pursed his lips, turning it into a kiss, and nudged Oliver toward the bed.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Windows in Time.

09/10/2009 page 3
1.36% "Yay! Finally got to start on this one!"
09/11/2009 page 30
13.57% "I love it when books make me feel all tingly from the get-go! Loving this read! Wish I could finish it tonight!"
09/12/2009 page 75
33.94% "Loved seeing the shout-out to Ally Blue's BCPI! Ha! @mjaedin, I love you!"
09/15/2009 page 208
94.12% "by @mjaedin and damn you woman! You made me cry! I feel like an idiot 4 knowing it would happen but hoping I was somehow wrong. ::sniff::"

message 1: by M. (new)

M. Aedin What, you're not finished yet? ;)

Saritza Oh I've finished it and am writing the review now. OMG woman! I had to take a break after reading this one cause I wanted to savor it a little longer. I re-read two of my favorite scenes... which I'll reveal in my review! ;)

message 3: by M. (new)

M. Aedin Sary (Minnie) wrote: "Oh I've finished it and am writing the review now. OMG woman! I had to take a break after reading this one cause I wanted to savor it a little longer. I re-read two of my favorite scenes... which I..."

*Laugh* Okay, okay. And I see ONE of the scenes, but what's the other one? ;) Not not-so-lazy Sunday morning sex with crosswords in Sanskrit? ;)