Januario's Reviews > City of Ashes

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Sep 08, 09

bookshelves: 11th-grade
Read in August, 2009

** spoiler alert ** The story of Clary and the Shadowhunters continues in this 2nd book of the Mortal Instruments. After Valentine disappears through a portal, Clary and Jace bring their comatose mother to Luke. Days later, Valentine massacres everyone in the City Of Ashes and takes the Soul Sword. He plans to use the power of the Soul Sword, and reverse it to control demons and exact his revenge to the Shadowhunter world. Clary and the rest of the Shadowhunters infiltrate Valentine's boat and a great battle ensues. Clary and Jace fight their father, and destroy the Soul Sword.
My favorite part in the book was when Luke told the story of his life. Luke is my favorite character in the book. He is always so strong and caring and it was very interesting to see how sad his life was. He was driven to a point to choose between his life, or his friendship with his best friend.
I would recommend this book to people who have read the first book. The reason for this is because without reading the first book, this book might seem very confusing to readers who are new to the series. Another reason is because the first book is also a great book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Ashes.