Victor Gentile's Reviews > Offworld

Offworld by Robin Parrish

Sep 07, 2009

Read in August, 2009

I had the privilege of interviewing Robin Parrish, on our radio show "Kingdom Highlights", for his new book, "Offworld", published by Bethany House. Offworld is a book that keeps you guessing from page to page. Offworld asks the question how much trouble can four individuals get into when they are the only four individuals on the planet? Get ready Mr. Parrish has crafted a thrill ride filled with lots of action and suspense. Don't start this book late at night because it will be very difficult to put it down or stop thinking about it.

For trivia buffs the first Twilight Zone had to do with an astronaut who returns to Earth and finds it empty and the beginning of the original Planet of the Apes practically begins with the crash that maroons the astronauts on the planet. Mr. Parrish has taken these elements and built his novel, Offworld. Returning from their mission to Mars Christopher Burke and his team crash land back on Earth to find it empty and that they are the last of humanity. Having landed in Florida they see a strange light in Texas and are drawn to it thinking that this light might solve the mystery of the missing mankind. So the intrepid foursome begin their journey across America

Offworld is a wonderful blend of Science Fiction and Mystery but at its heart it is a thriller. This foursome is in real trouble from page one and their danger grows from page to page. Like the cliffhanger serials they keep getting into trouble practically every five pages or so. The question the reader constantly will ask is "what is going on?"

If I tell you anything more I will spoil the dynamics of this book. Offworld is so perfectly crafted that it is designed to be devoured and enjoyed by the reader so when you reach the end there is a very satisfied sigh of enjoyment and relief.

Considering that this book is jam packed with thrills, suspense, deadly situations that you think there is no chance of escape you would wonder if there is room for God. I assure you Robin Parrish left room for Him in a very appealing manner; not overt, not too subtle but in a manner where the reader has to make a decision.

I recommend this book highly. It delivers lots of action, suspense and thrills and brings you to a very satisfying conclusion.

If you missed the interview for "Offworld" and would like to listen to it please go to www.kingdomhighlights.org where it is available On Demand.

To listen to 24 Christian music please visit our internet radio station www.kingdomairwaves.org

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Offworld.