Phair's Reviews > Beneath a Marble Sky

Beneath a Marble Sky by John Shors

Sep 07, 09

bookshelves: historical-fiction, india-fiction
Read in November, 2005

Heard a lot of buzz about this and I wasn't disappointed. Well written historical fiction on a fascinating topic- building of the Taj Mahal and political turmoil in the Mughal empire. Lots of characters you care about, action, revenge, love & beauty. Night after I finished reading this I attended a concert of classical Indian music which capped my enjoyment of this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beneath a Marble Sky.

John Sandra,

I was just poking around on Goodreads and saw that you enjoyed my novel, Beneath a Marble Sky. Thanks so much for reading it, and for giving it five stars! I'm grateful for your support. :)

Best wishes,

John Shors

www.johnshors.com

message 2: by Vicar (new)

Vicar Sayeedi Wonderful, Phair! Did the classical music include Tabla and Sitar? They make for a particularly wonderful combination in the hands of masters.

I discovered BAMS recently while publishing my new novel, "Legacy of The Peacock Throne" - a work of historical fiction about the lives of Princess Jahanara's parents, Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan and Arjumand Banu (Mumtaz Mahal) - and I was caught by surprise.

I'm looking forward to reading BAMS but I'm a little reticent due to the literary license that has been taken in depicting some of the important historical figures, particularly, Princess Jahanara. Let's see what happens. Best wishes.

Vicar... (Goodreads Author)