Rosa's Reviews > The Flexitarian Diet: The Mostly Vegetarian Way to Lose Weight, Be Healthier, Prevent Disease, and Add Years to Your Life

The Flexitarian Diet by Dawn Jackson Blatner

1913711
Sep 07, 09

bookshelves: food, nonfiction, 2009
Read in September, 2009

This book is very contradictory. The opening chapters are devoted to explaining how it is unnecessary to go completely vegetarian, how it is very easy to start this life style change one step at a time and says that you can still enjoy the treats you like. Unfortunately the book does seem to push a vegetarian style of life, does not explain how to institute this life style change one step at a time, and pushes not eating cake, cookies or other desserty type non fruit sweets. There is also some confusing conflicting advice, on one page the author offers the reader the advice of only sharing sweets such as cake and cookies in social situations. Two pages later, she tells the reader not to eat sweets at work (i.e. sweets in the office with coworkers), I can only assume something else was meant than what I interpreted, because we only have sweets at work for social situations (birthdays, showers and holidays). On the plus side many of the recipes provided did sound yummy and recipes were offered in portions appropriate for one person (something I feel not enough cookbooks offer.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Flexitarian Diet.