Dixie Marie's Reviews > Last Sacrifice

F 50x66
Dec 03, 2013

bookshelves: paranormal-fiction, i-own
Read from November 30 to December 05, 2010

** spoiler alert ** The best book in the series by far. At times it took my breath away. I'm completely content with how the series ended. It put a smile on my face that I don't think is going to be gone very soon. I loved this series, and honestly don't think it could have ended on a better note. I loved this book so freakin much!!! Dimitri and Rose were made for each other! I was so scared for them! But they made it through and now they're together and now my life complete!!! The whole series is just great! I couldn't even breath half the time! I can not wait for this spin off series. I'm so excited to see whose tragic love story we'll all be obsessing over this time. :)
470 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Sacrifice.

12/04 page 126
21.0% "It's amazing. I thought Dimitri would keep being difficult, but not in this way. I think there might be hope for them after all."
12/04 page 173
29.0% "She and Dimitri were made for each other! Why are they fighting it?!"
12/05 page 303
51.0% "Is it weird that I trust Victor Dashkov more than I trust someone like Christian or Adrian?"
12/05 page 418
70.0% "This is so frustrating!!!!!!!"
12/05 page 466
78.0% "I hate it when book characters think nothing of some small detail that turns out to be the answer to everything."
02/08 marked as: read

message 101: by Kiara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kiara i only hope ur right!!!!!!!

message 102: by SimBim (new) - rated it 5 stars

SimBim I KNEW IT!

Kathrtine This book is amazing! Everything turned out great! I wish there was another book for rose though!

message 104: by Sophie (new) - added it

Sophie My book should be here by tomorrow, I cant wait to read it! :DD I'm so excited.

message 105: by Amina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amina Sophie wrote: "My book should be here by tomorrow, I cant wait to read it! :DD I'm so excited."

Cool :D ...Belive me u won't be dissapointed ! :))

message 106: by Amina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amina Caitilyn wrote: "Thanks for telling me :) omg I thought it was either her, Adrian or victor"

Oh me too .. but I thought that maybe Ambrosio killed her and when I red book and saw that it was Tasha I was a little bit surprised ...

message 107: by Kathrtine (last edited Dec 10, 2010 12:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathrtine Tasha killed her because of political reasons and she didn't like what Tatiana was doing and thought she could make lissa queen and then influence her. She framed rose because she loved Dimitri. Tasha got put in jail.

message 108: by Jenny (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny Agreed! I LOVED this book!

♥angela♥ i wish that the spin off series will be considered adult so it can be a little more sexy with their love affairs lol

Angeela can you actually read on this website or is it just for reviews.

message 111: by Sophie (new) - added it

Sophie amazon said that the weather has delayed the delivery, and i wont get it to the 20th x.x; i seriously nearly cried! ugh, i need to read this book! :|

message 112: by Aileen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aileen so richelle mead said the spin off series will involve sydney, adrian, and jill, and it will have rose camios. ALSO there is SUPPOSED to be another book after last sacrifice involving rose and dimitri later on buttttt that's not for sure though we ALLLLL hope it will one day come true!!!!

message 113: by Dixie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dixie Marie Aileen wrote: "so richelle mead said the spin off series will involve sydney, adrian, and jill, and it will have rose camios. ALSO there is SUPPOSED to be another book after last sacrifice involving rose and dimi..."
No freakin way! Are you serious! Another book about Rose and DImitri! I can only dream of something so amazing happening! A book about their life together no doubt! I can not wait until the spin off series.

message 114: by Dixie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dixie Marie Amina wrote: "OMG ... Dimitri and Rose finnaly together ..
This book was amaizing , and for the record nobody dies here .. Well only Victor dies but that's it ...
Also, I have to say that this book was full of ..."

Girl! We need Dimitris!

message 115: by Kayla (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kayla I agree with you, I had just finished reading this book, at first I was scared that the two would never get back together. Not that I don't like Adrian, but hes just not right for Rose like Dimitri is. But in the end, not only was I surprise that Vasilisa became Queen, but I was awed when it ended off with Rose and Dimitri together at last. I have been told that she will be making more, but Rose and Dimitri story has ended, I hope she does Vasilisa and Christian next.

message 116: by Bridge (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bridge I feel the same way. I am so obsessed. Its such a wonderful series I can't believe somoene could write such an awesome series!!!! I loved how Dimitri and Rose are back together and I love Abe, he makes me laugh a lot. I feel bad about Sydney but I reckon she'll pull through. As for Eddie, its sad but I also think he'll pull through. I thought this book was also the best!

message 117: by Bridge (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bridge Daniell wrote: "adrian and rose are much more cutter than rose and demitry.....and besides demitry is a total ass at the 4th book.....i mean the way he treeted he....come on!!!!....
p.s ithink that her dad killed..."

I felt like that in the 5th (Spirit Bound) one, I was so angry at Dimitri. But you know I think he was blinded by depression. Its explained in this book. Also in the 4th (Blood Promise)one he WAS a Strigoi so he was blinded by hate and anger. And also her dad doesn't kill the queen... why would he?
I also don't think Adrian and Rose wouldn't work, I mean they loved each other but they weren't as compatable and in sync as Dimitri and Rose were.

message 118: by Bridge (new) - rated it 5 stars

p.s ithink that her dad killed..."

Janette I AGREE THAT ADRIAN AND ROSE R CUTER TOGETHER BUT LIKE ROSA SAID SHE WAS MADE JUST FOR DIMITRI........

Melanie I agree with Bridge. The whole time Rose was dating Adrian I thought it was kind of awkward.

message 121: by Aileen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aileen I agree DEFINITELY awkward, Adrian just isn't meant for Rose, if he was she never would have got with Dimitri in the first place and Adrian would have been the guy from the first book onward, he has his own love life to get on with, let Rose and Dimitri FINALLY have their happy ending!!!!

message 122: by Shiela (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shiela While I agree that Rose and Dimitri are meant for each other, I felt that Adrian deserved a better/fairer ending. I'm hoping for some closure with the new book she has coming out in August. I've heard it's a continuation of the story for other characters.

message 123: by Nicole (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nicole J I agree with you guys and I hope that Adrian finds someone that loves him back and i hope he leaves smoking and drinking.

Janette its true he so deserves a love that is all his cause to me rose's love for him was more nurturing and even though adrian did step out of his comfort zone for rose it just shows that he can love and leave all his little habits aside but I so felt so bad for the character I did grow to love adrian :)

message 125: by Cristi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cristi yeah Adrian deserves someone that loves him back.

Melanie I'm pretty sure the one of the spin-off books Richelle Mead is making is going to have Adrian with his own happy ending.

message 127: by Alicia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alicia McCartney Bridge wrote: "I feel the same way. I am so obsessed. Its such a wonderful series I can't believe somoene could write such an awesome series!!!! I loved how Dimitri and Rose are back together and I love Abe, he m..."

Richelle Mead said that some of the things that appeared "unexplained" was left like that for a reason so she can pick it up in Bloodlines.

message 128: by Nagwa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nagwa I'm sooo happy for Rose and Dimitri, but i felt so bad for Adrian. He was a really good guy, but i think Dimitri is a better match for Rose

Melanie Like everyone I am super duper crazy happy for Dimitri and Rose but I was so sad that the series ended. I always hoped that Vampire Acaademy would go on forever and ever. Haha I'm even reading the series all over again. THREE TIMES. I don't think I'll ever get over Dimitri&Rose.

message 130: by Aileen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aileen Yes, the new spin off series involves adrian and jill and sydney in L.A. So I have a feeling that Adrien will be getting his happy ending with Jill...just an idea...

Kristina B i know man same here, i am soooo happy that dimka and roza got toghether at the end!!

message 132: by Tania (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tania It Was The Best Ending Ever! Love It Love It!!! I Do Feel Bad For Adrian But I Think The Next Book Is Gonna Be About Him And How He Changes And Finds Hi's Soulmate!! Adrian I Love U, But Dimitri Was My Favorite!

message 133: by Tania (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tania Daniell wrote: "adrian and rose are much more cutter than rose and demitry.....and besides demitry is a total ass at the 4th book.....i mean the way he treeted he....come on!!!!....
p.s ithink that her dad killed..."

He Was Mean To Her But He Explains Why Later On This Book!! and I Do Understand Him :) He Cared About Rose n Always Will! But Like I Said Earlier That Sucked How Rose Broke Adrian's Heart!! :(

message 134: by Isha (new) - rated it 2 stars

Isha Rutledge thank you thats wat ive bin trying to get across adrian and rose WERE awesome together but he deserves more lets say,,,,sydney

message 135: by Cienna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cienna Sydney was not there for Dimitri, Rose has always been there for him and she sees him in a light no one else can. They are soul mates, period.

message 136: by Aileen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aileen I think that Adrian and Jill are DEFINITELY ending up together, just saying, I mean it's kind of where I thought it was leaning even when he was involved with Rose, ESPECIALLY when I found out the new spin off series was coming out!!

message 137: by Cienna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cienna I think so too! I saw that in Blood Promise, Jill & Adrian must have something. But, I didn't think he was leaning towards Jill when he was with Rose at all.

message 138: by Alicia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alicia McCartney But isn't Jill like 14 though??

Jessica Gomez I agree completely. The only thing I would have change, would be to let Adrian have a better ending. I felt so sad for him. In his own way, he is so sweet, and he was so loyal to Rose. However, Demitri and Rose were definitely meant to be together. But I couldnt help but wish Adrian could have been happy too.

message 140: by Dixie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dixie Marie Maybe Sydney and Adrian? I mean she already has her other man. (that other alchemist who's totally in love with her) Her story with Adrian is pretty much already set in my mind.

message 141: by Linda (new) - rated it 5 stars

Linda Team dimitri all the way!! Actually lissa does heal him he's not strigoi anymore

message 142: by Scarlet (last edited May 28, 2011 06:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Scarlet Heavens Dixie wrote: "Maybe Sydney and Adrian? I mean she already has her other man. (that other alchemist who's totally in love with her) Her story with Adrian is pretty much already set in my mind."

Mead always does the unexpected, and I kind of don't like the Adrian/Jill coupling, it is kind of unhealthy(though my own boyfriend is 6 years older than me, but what the hell :D ), it's just that Sydney has all those prejudices inside of her about Moroi and Dhampirs, so as I have already said, it would be really amusing to see her go against all of her odds and judgements just to be with the one she loves, you know what I mean? Just like Rose did. :)

P.S. She already said Adrian was good looking, didn't she? :D

message 143: by Dixie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dixie Marie Scarlet wrote: "Dixie wrote: "Maybe Sydney and Adrian? I mean she already has her other man. (that other alchemist who's totally in love with her) Her story with Adrian is pretty much already set in my mind."

Mea..."

This is true. Ugh! I just hate that we aren't even allowed to know who the main characters are! It's just cruel! I mean it could be Adrian because after his big dramatic exit, he needs to be at least a little happy. But honestly, I just started getting annoyed with Adrian through the entire book. But I still think he might be an okay leading man.

message 144: by Dixie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dixie Marie Linda wrote: "Team dimitri all the way!! Actually lissa does heal him he's not strigoi anymore"

Wouldn't it be so amazing, if in the next series Sydney gets invited to Rose and Dimitri's wedding or something!? I would just die! It would make me so happy!

message 145: by Sarah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sarah Verminski I totally feel the same way and can't wait to buy Bloodlines the day it comes out! Is it August 23rd yet?

message 146: by Lara25 (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lara25 So true it is the best book in the series and I love the ending. It was worth the long wait for it to come out at the end of book 5 my reaction was NO NO NO NO THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER PAGE!!!! I loved the ending they exicute royal murders I honestly thouhtit was the end of the chapter!! I hated the long wait fir last sacrifice but it was worth it an everything turned out perfect ( well exept for Tasha) and dose anyone know what will happen to Tasha??

Lara25

message 147: by Laëtitia (new)

Laëtitia Thank you, thanks to your comment, I wanna read it ! :)

message 148: by Dixie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dixie Marie Laëtitia wrote: "Thank you, thanks to your comment, I wanna read it ! :)"
Haha. Good! It's a great book! I was a little worried about this series, but Last Sacrifice was totally worth all the heart wrenching drama that came from the books before it. :)

message 149: by Daniell (new)

Daniell Bridge wrote: "Daniell wrote: "adrian and rose are much more cutter than rose and demitry.....and besides demitry is a total ass at the 4th book.....i mean the way he treeted he....come on!!!!....
p.s ithink that..."

lol yeah i know that now.....when i read the 5th book i thought it was her dad cuz he seemed 2 mysterious to me and like the guy that keeps too many things to himself idk.....and i agree to everything u said :) it accured 2 me a fter i read the 6th book :) i hope its not the last though i would really like to read some more of this series

message 150: by Daniell (new)

Daniell Tania wrote: "Daniell wrote: "adrian and rose are much more cutter than rose and demitry.....and besides demitry is a total ass at the 4th book.....i mean the way he treeted he....come on!!!!....
p.s ithink that..."