Joy's Reviews > Somewhere I'll Find You

2711937
Nov 10, 09

bookshelves: historical-romance, lisa-kleypas, ebooks
Read in November, 2009

The title was very apt for the story since there were certain twists of fate but the hero and heroine found themselves together. Given the hero's efforts and determination, he was able to win the heroine's heart by giving a compromise, and both of them came to an agreement which was fair. This is a common ending for most love stories but what matters is how it was written.

Once again, this is another Lisa Kleypas novel that gave me pleasure, as with her other works. Her creative writing really set the mood and atmosphere of Capital Theatre with elaborate descriptions of the structures, and the glamorous and superficial world of actors and actresses.

While reading this, I felt familiar with the setting since I'm a fan of theater arts, and have been a part of productions and musicals in college. I can vividly imagine how the actors portray roles "in-character" and how Scott Logan directs and motivates the players. He's an interesting character, while I was reading about him I knew he'd be the hero in Because You're Mine (2nd book in series).

Going back to the review, I liked how LK wrote the prologue, it was a promise of things to come, there's the initial attraction and the usual lust the hero feels for the heroine and fast forward a few years later, he's still looking for her without any idea of her significance in his life in the legal sense.

Their marriage was quite...I don't know if the term is "questionable" since it's fiction and I'm not an expert on arranged marriages. It provided the perfect circumstance for them to be together. As usual I felt the tension when Damon found out Julia/Jessica's the one he's looking for. Both of them have strong characters but the thing they have most in common was loneliness.

Their lovemaking was really heartfelt, no pretensions, and both of them were very vulnerable. This is one of LK's most creative love stories where the hero relentlessly pursued the heroine, there was a lot of denial, and as usual fear of being powerless because of love. The themes replay, but the stories don't, they're never boring and she creates the most distinct characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Somewhere I'll Find You.