Joy's Reviews > Stalemate

Stalemate by Iris Johansen

2711937
Nov 27, 10

bookshelves: mystery-suspense, public-reads, contemporary-fiction, thriller
Read from November 26 to 27, 2010

This is the first Iris Johansen book I've read and it's not bad. Her writing style was fluid but since this is the 6th book in the Eve Duncan series (correct me if I'm wrong), it was like surfing the channels and stumbling upon a middle of a show.

What made me pick up this book is the suspense, I didn't expect anything but the suspense was effective. It wasn't like the other books I've read the ratcheted up my heart rate and kept me on the edge, but I still appreciate the mystery and how it made me always wonder what Eve would do next.

It seems like Eve had a death wish because she can't get over Bonnie. She took risk after risk, and I don't know what else she and Joe went through in the previous books but it seemed to me, with the way their situation was presented, that Joe loves her and cares for her deeply.

It's amazing how Ms Johansen wrote the twists, turns, and thrills. While I liked how she wrote the story, I was able to connect with the characters for a time, but it was short lived. Maybe I'll check out other books like this if I have nothing else to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stalemate.

11/26/2010 page 123