Joy's Reviews > 7th Heaven

7th Heaven by James Patterson

2711937
Oct 14, 09

bookshelves: james-patterson, mystery-suspense, public-reads, womens-murder-club
Read in October, 2009

Like his previous books in the Women's Murder Club, I read this in one sitting, I just can't put it down even while on a moving car. As usual, this book was written in an engaging style that left me on the edge of my seat, palpitating and turning the page after page frantically.

The book focused more of hardcore detective work, there were the usual dead ends until something small but vital comes up. Arresting the culprits in the arson hate crimes were a long shot but were really wrapped up in a bloody way. There were times when I felt Lindsay's frustration whenever things didn't go her way, and although this is a work of fiction, James Patterson knows how to inject truth in everything like it's not always a happy ending for some characters.

Yuki lost her second case because she was fighting a losing battle but that's life and she moved on, but I was really scared when she was almost killed by a psycho - which was a minor story. The suspense never stopped there.

I'm still voting for Joe. Lindsay was really pushing herself to the limit and taking him for granted because of the job. She got her priorities messed up and I'm still hoping they won't break up, she's in a vulnerable state with her partner Richard because she spends more time w/him than Joe and while reading those parts I felt my heart constrict because Lindsay can't make a decision. That was another suspenseful part.

I'm still giving this a 5 even though the ending left me high and dry. It really never occurred to me and I loved that after reading 7 books of this series, it was still unpredictable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 7th Heaven.