Joy's Reviews > Night Embrace

Night Embrace by Sherrilyn Kenyon

2711937
Sep 07, 2009

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, fantasy-magic, sherrilyn-kenyon, vampires-and-werewolves
Read in October, 2009

Another entertaining Dark-Hunter novel! Talon's history was really interesting and Sherrilyn Kenyon did a fantastic job of developing his relationship with Sunshine. There were lots of action, hot sex, hot men, more characters and supernaturals introduced in this book.

Talons's character was more loosened up, he has human vices like his chicory coffee and beignets and I was really amused by that. Sunshine is an artist, connected with Selena, who appeared in the previous two books. There were snippets of Acheron's character and history here, and I have a feeling Kenyon uses these as foreplay so readers would want more until his own story (Book 12 I think).

I always have a soft spot for big brothers and I immediately liked Talon when I read about his story, at least this time he wasn't betrayed by someone he loves, but by the people he defended against. The pain he suffered was heart-wrenching, Kenyon wrote with such vivid detail and excellent descriptions, which was very effective.

I noticed everything must be about betrayal. Remembering Dante's Inferno, treachery is the gravest sin and the treacherous ones were those in the 9th circle of his version of hell. I liked how closely Greek mythology fused with the modern ages and the gods and goddesses acted worse than mortals. The characters speak, the dialogue comes to life and they were very funny, I've always appreciated sarcastic humor. I would definitely read more of this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Embrace.

10/02/2009 page 32