Joy's Reviews > Highland Conqueror {Camerons, #1}

2711937
Oct 18, 09

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read in October, 2009

This is the first Hannah Howell book I've read and I didn't expect much. All I know is she has this Highland series and this book is the 10th. Her novels are stand-alone and characters may recur but the stories aren't intertwined as she mentioned in her website.

It was a light read with a decent plot, characters were well constructed and they gradually developed. I only gave it a four because I wasn't really riveted with the suspense, the hero and heroine running away from the antagonist, but since this is a romance novel, that element wasn't really significant.

I really liked Sigimor's character, he's like most men who have difficulty with words, but manifests his love through actions, and he doesn't go all gooey with mush toward the heroine but he goads her every chance he gets. On the other hand, Jolene being English wasn't really welcomed with open arms (because the English treats them likewise) and I liked how she stood up to the insults. I'm looking forward to reading the books in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Highland Conqueror {Camerons, #1}.

10/16/2009 page 51