Leslie (That Chick That Reads)'s Reviews > EyeLeash: A Blog Novel

EyeLeash by Jess C. Scott

Nov 11, 09

bookshelves: review
Read in November, 2009

I want to thank Traveling to Teens for the chance to be a part of the Eyeleash blog tour!

So this novel is about Jade Ashton and her relationship with a guy named Nolan. They both blog, but for various reasons. Ashton blogs to kind of like vent, she’s like a writer and doesn’t want to step on anyone’s toes or anything so she has a blog that’s “unsearchable and password protected”. Think of it more like a diary, I like that idea because back when I was 14 or so, I didn’t know about blogs so I did it the old fashioned way. Nolan writes poetry and songs; he’s such a complex character and that’s one of the things I really enjoyed. The format of the novel was just abs amazing. It’s literately just like someone’s personal blog, things are misspelled, there’s a lot of url usage, nicknames, abbreviated language one might use to text.

The characters were well developed and had their own personalities. Jade expresses herself within her blog, you can tell exactly how she feels, what she cares about, among other things. Nolan is expressed through Jade’s blog snippets. He talks about pursing his career in music and about this girl who he likes but isn’t sure how to tell her how he feels. It’s actually quite cute; his blogs were one of my favorite parts of this novel. Jade has two other friends that are known more for their IM names, and they’re quite unique. For example, one of them was, “SeXy nAuGhTy BiTcHy Me”, which I thought was quite interesting. Jade struggles with her sexuality throughout the entire novel. Her friends have pretty much all have sex and then when she see’s Nolan, he’s an entirely different person (physically) than the last time she had seen him, so she lust for him throughout the novel. So she and her friends try to get her ready for that precise moment with quirky little facts and myths. The language is just as if it were a teenager talking, I abs loved that.

There were a couple of things that I did have a problem with. Jade is so shallow. She pretty much talks about how hot a guy is and how much she lust for him in almost every blog entry. At some points it got tiring but I guess in this society now a days, teens struggle with that. I did really like how she showed the struggle of being a “perfect teen” through Jade, with the obsession of how her body looked in naked pictures and how much she worried about getting pregnant. Overall it’s a very good, talented and excellent read. I give it 4 out of 5 paws.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read EyeLeash.

09/25/2009 page 133
46.18% "it's pretty good so far =)"
09/26/2009 page 208
72.22% "hmm very very good so far =) loving it"
09/26/2009 page 288
100.0% "aww i want to know more! haha"