Tattered Cover Book Store's Reviews > The Last Time I Was Me

The Last Time I Was Me by Cathy Lamb

Jackie says:

Oh, the smart-a%% in me fell in LOVE with the main character Jeanne, a former creative director of an advertising firm who had a very public nervous breakdown during a presentation to 834 shallow advertising schmucks (which she actually called them, by the way). This is after she was brought up on assault charges for exacting a little revenge on her live-in, dead beat, VERY much cheating boyfriend (I'll only tell you that this attack involved a glue gun and a very embarrassing trip to the hospital for the boyfriend, aka Slick Dick). Which was after her mother died of cancer. So Jeanne was under some pressure.

She decides to go visit her brother in Washington, but pit stops a few hours away in a little town where she liked the pancakes so much she decided to stay. There is so much more funny stuff to this book--the court mandated anger management class, the germ-freak bed-and-breakfast owner, the falling down house Jeanne decides MUST be hers, a political campaign, cross dressing bar brawls, vodka tea parties, multiple love stories.....it's all in this book wrapped in lots of side-slitting humor. Oh, there's a murder in there too, just to keep things interesting. This book will make you laugh--I promise!

***Unchain Yourself! Look for this great book at your local independent book store. There is a store finder at indiebound.org***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Time I Was Me.